For a new laptop owner, finding out what ports and cables to use can be confusing. In this article, we will show you which ports and cables to use with your PS4 console. We also discuss how each method works best when connecting them together so that you’ll never have an issue again! This guide has the answer to all of your questions about how to plug a PS4 into a laptop.
- Can You Plug a PS4 into a Laptop?
- How to Use Laptop as Monitor for PS4
Can You Plug a PS4 into a Laptop?
Yes, you can use your laptop’s HDMI port to plug in your PS4 and enjoy gaming on the go. Via Remote Play, you can play your PlayStation 4 without an HDMI input or making any technical or hardware changes. You can access your PS4 through the PlayStation app on your phone or tablet and play your games that way. If you have a capture card, you can also use that to record your gameplay for later viewing.
Through A Streaming Service or Remote Play, you can play PS4 without an HDMI input or make any technical or hardware changes. There are a couple of ways of connecting PS4 to a laptop screen with HDMI, however, We found the following to be the easiest in terms of PS4-Laptop connectivity:
1. Use an HDMI cable – this is the most common way to connect devices and usually comes with your devices.
2. Use an HDTV adapter – This is a small device that plugs into your laptop’s USB port and then provides an HDMI output for connecting devices like the PS4.
3. Through OBS Recording Software or Video Capture Card, you can also record your gameplay for later viewing.
How to Use Laptop as Monitor for PS4
1. Connecting PS4 to Laptop Through Remote Play
To use Remote Play, you will need a PS4 console, a computer with the required software installed, and a USB cable. You can also use Remote Play wirelessly if you have a compatible controller.
- To connect your PS4 to your laptop through Remote Play, first, turn on both devices and enable ‘Active as Primary PS4’ in PlayStation Network account management.
- Update your console’s software to version 3.50 and set Power Save Settings so that the Playstation will turn on from the network even when it is in rest mode.
- Open the downloaded Remote Play app on your PC and click on the Settings icon (three lines stacked on top of each other). Set graphics quality to high if you have a powerful computer.
- Connect your PS4 controller to the laptop through the USB cable and let the LED on the controller flash when connected.
- It will take about 4 to 5 seconds for your controller to get paired.
- Now simply open your Remote Play app on the PC or MAC and log in using your console’s credentials.
Make sure that the console is turned on, or otherwise, you won’t be able to connect your PS4 and the PC.
2. Connecting PS4 To Laptop HDMI Through a Video Capture Card
To connect PS4 to laptop HDMI, you will need:
- A laptop
- A Video Capture Card
- Dual function HDMI cable
- PS4 console
- Enabled File Sharing on the PS4 console (can be done through Network Settings)
To set up this connection, follow these steps:
- Plug in and install the Video Capture Card on your computer using a USB port. A high-quality VCC is recommended.
- Use an SVideo connection cable to connect the Video Capture Card to your PS4 console. Attach the HDMI out to the console and the HDMI into the VCC.
- Turn on both devices and run video capture card software on your computer. You will see your console appear on the screen.
3. OBS recording software
OBS is a third-party screen recording software that will allow you to use your laptop as a monitor with your PS4. One of the amazing perks that this gets you is that you don’t need to have a video capture card to play PS4 on a laptop.
Some of the benefits you’ll be getting by choosing this option are:
- Free, open-source software
- High-performance real-time AV capturing
- Audio mixing, noise suppression, and gain
- Streamlined settings
With studio mode, you can review your PS4 screen recordings and delete unnecessary parts. OBS is a cheaper and more convenient way to record video than capturing it with a video capture card or other complicated software.
Is there a PS4 app for PC?
PS4 controller can be connected to a PC using a micro-USB cable or wirelessly via Bluetooth. The PS4 controller can be used for PC gaming using three different methods: wired connection, Bluetooth connection, and Steam connection. There are many ways to connect your PS4 controller to your PC, so you can choose the method that works best for you.
Can you play PS4 on Windows 10?
Yes, you can play your PS4 games on a Windows 10 computer. However, you will need to update the firmware on your PS4 and enable Remote Play on the PlayStation. In order to do so, you need to have a WiFi connection with at least 15 Mbps download speed. You can also use an HDMI cable to connect the PS4 capture card to your laptop and then view media from the console on your laptop screen.
Does the PS4 Run on a Laptop Smoothly?
To use your laptop as a monitor requires you to use either an HDMI or video capture card. That means you can technically play your PS4 “on” your laptop by installing PlayStation Remote Play and connecting it to your PS4. Bear in mind that this process requires a strong internet connection to reduce or eliminate the overall lag between the controller and your laptop.
Some users have experienced problems connecting their PS4 to a laptop. When connecting the PS4 to a laptop, it appeared that both devices ran smoothly. Sony recommends using an HDMI cable if possible in order to avoid any potential problems with compatibility or connection issues between the two devices.
Can you HDMI A PS4 to a laptop?
There are other ways to connect your PS4 to your laptop, such as using: Via Remote Play, Built-in Recording Function, or OBS Recording Software.
Can I use my laptop as a screen for my PS4?
To use your laptop as a screen for your PS4, you need an HDMI cable and connect this wire to your laptop. You also require an HDMI video capture card with an HDMI cable to enable PS Remote Play. You can also play PlayStation games on your Mac or PC if you have the PS Remote Play feature enabled on your PlayStation 4.
To use your laptop as a screen for your PS4, you need WiFi and a minimum of 15Mbps download speed. You can use the PS Remote Play app to connect PS4 to your laptop. Depending on the software you use, media from your PS4 should appear on your laptop’s screen.
PS4 allows users to share their gameplay on social media. You can also watch PS4 games with friends by streaming them live. There is a screen sharing feature that enables users to share their gameplay on websites or applications other than PS4.